What Happens if You Die Without A Will?
If you die intestate (without a will), 你所在州的血统和分配法律将决定谁会默认接收你的财产. These laws vary from state to state, but typically the distribution would be to your spouse and children, 或者如果没有, to other family members. 一个州的计划通常反映了立法机关对大多数人将如何处理他们的遗产的猜测，并为某些受益人提供保护, particularly minor children. That plan may or may not reflect your actual wishes, and some of the built-in protections may not be necessary in a harmonious family setting. A Will allows you to alter the state's default plan to suit your personal preferences.
一份遗嘱规定在你死亡时以你选择的任何方式分配你所拥有的财产. 你将不能, 然而, 规管在你的遗嘱认证遗产以外转移的财产(例如某些联合财产)的处置, 人寿保险, retirement plans and employee death benefits) unless they are payable to your estate. 遗嘱可以具有不同程度的复杂性，可以用来实现广泛的家庭和税收目标.
Aside from providing for the intended disposition of your property to spouse, children 等., there are a number of other important objectives that may be accomplished in your will.
- You may designate a guardian for your minor children if you have survived the other parent-and, by use of a trust and appointment of a trustee, 在照顾每个未成年子女的财产时，不再需要由法院来监督和担保.
- You may designate an executor of your estate in your will and eliminate the need for a bond; in some states the designation of an independent executor will eliminate the need for court supervision of the settlement of your estate.
- You may choose to acknowledge or otherwise provide for a child (e.g., stepchild, godchild, 等.) in whom you have an interest, an elderly parent, or other individuals.
- 根据《天天彩票app下载》，您作为子女或孙辈资产的监护人, you may designate your successor custodian and avoid the expense of a court appointment.
遗嘱的作用 Not Do
A will does not govern the transfer of certain types of assets (non-probate property), which by operation of law or contract pass to someone else on your death.
How to Execute a Will
Wills are signed in the presence of witnesses and certain formalities must be observed. 在一些州, the will may refer to a memorandum disposing of tangible personal property, 如家具, 珠宝, 汽车, 等., which may be changed from time to time without the formalities of a will. 在很多州, 经公证的签名正式执行的遗嘱，视为自我证明，可以不需要证人的证言或其他补充证据而接受遗嘱检验.
信托描述了一个受托人(可能是一个或多个人或公司信托公司或银行)根据书面信托文书的规定为一个或多个称为受益人的人的利益持有的财产. A person may be both a trustee and a beneficiary of the same trust. 由你的遗嘱建立的信托被称为遗嘱信托，信托条款包含在你的遗嘱中.
If you create a trust during your lifetime, you are described as the trust's grantor or settlor, the trust is called a living or inter vivos trust, and the trust provisions are contained in the trust agreement or declaration. 信托文件的条款(而不是你的遗嘱或州法律违约)通常会决定在你死后信托财产的去向.
活的信托可以是可撤销的(由委托人变更和终止)或不可撤销的. Either type of trust may be designed to accomplish the purposes of property management, assistance to the settlor in the event of physical or mental incapacity, and disposition of property after the death of the settlor of the trust.
信托基金 are not only for the wealthy. 许多拥有有限资产的年轻父母选择在生前或在遗嘱中为子女设立信托，以防父母双方都在子女还未达到他们认为足以处理财产的年龄之前去世. 这允许信托财产作为一个单一的不可分割的基金被持有，用于支持和教育未成年子女根据他们各自的需要, 当最小的孩子达到一定年龄时，最终在孩子之间分配信托. 这种安排明显优于在不同年龄的儿童之间不考虑他们的成熟程度或在这种分配时的个人需要而死板地分配财产.
An important part of lifetime planning is the Power of Attorney. Valid in all states, these documents give one or more persons the power to act on your behalf. The power may be limited to a particular activity (e.g., closing the sale of your home) or general in its application, empowering one or more persons to act on your behalf in a variety of situations. It may take effective immediately or only upon the occurrence of a future event (e.g., a determination that you are unable to act for yourself). The latter are "springing" Powers of Attorney. It may give temporary or continuous, permanent authority to act on your behalf. A power of attorney may be revoked, but most states require written notice of revocation to the person named to act for you. 委托书中指定代表你行事的人通常被称为你的“代理人”或“实际代理人”." With a valid Power of Attorney, your agent can take any action permitted in the document.
Powers-of-Attorney are used for convenience. 如果您正在买卖资产，并且不希望亲自到场完成交易, you may take advantage of a Power of Attorney. 当你因缺席或无行为能力而无法代表自己行事时，授权委托书可以为你做好准备. Such a disability may be temporary (e.g., due to travel, accident, or illness) or it may be permanent.
如果您没有授权委托书，无法管理您的个人或业务事务, it may become necessary for a court to appoint one or more people to act for you. People appointed in this manner are referred to as guardians, 修复, 或委员会, depending upon your local state law.
When do I need to change my 房地产 Plans?
- Death of a spouse, partner, child or beneficiary.
- Birth of a child/other beneficiary.
- Marriage or Divorce.
- Moving to a new state.
- Possible divorce of a beneficiary.
- Substantial increase or decrease in wealth (for example, by inheritance.)
- Permanent disability of a family member.
- Assuming financial responsibility for a family member.
- Execution of substantial financial guarantees for third parties.
- Establishment or dissolution of a business.
- Beneficiaries with special needs.
- Beneficiaries with substance abuse problems.
Whether your thinking has changed, 你有新的想法, 或者，如果在您上次更新或审阅您的计划之后发生了上述任何事件，我们建议您重新查看您的计划.